How small steps can help increase the life of your car battery.
Todays Video is reviewing the Foxwell Bt100 battery tester. Winter is coming and I need to know just how much life my batteries have left. I have an old battery tester from days gone by but it’s nothing compared to this new one. Just hook it up to enter in the variables for whatever test you want and you’ll get answers in seconds.
- 1. The latest BT100 12V battery analyzer is dedicatedly developed to test 12V regular flooded, AGM flat plate, AGM spiral and gel batteries as a low-cost solution. It provides a quick, easy and affordable solution for technicians to check battery health and faults.
- 2. Multiple vehicle applications – passenger cars and light-duty trucks
- 3. Tests batteries rated from 100 to 800CCA
- 4. Tests multiple battery types – regular flooded, AGM flat plate, AGM spiral and gel
- 5. Tests multiple rating systems – CCA, BCI, CA, MCA, JIS, DIN, IEC, EN, SAE
- 6. Tests the batteries on the car directly – no need to remove the battery
- 7. Detects bad cells
- 8. Quick and accurate test result display in just 3 seconds
- 9. Does not emit light, heat or spark, or discharge battery – keeps the operation safe for all levels of users
- 10. Automatic temperature compensation
- 11. Extremely easy to use, with large backlight LCD display and menu-driven operation
Credits: – BSK Garage
Review of step by step use of BT100 from Foxwell. Now available on line with warranty from naredi.in
More and more bikers are now opting for lithium batteries. The main reason is the great reduction in weight as lithium batteries not only weigh less but also occupy less space.
With Lithium (12V LiFePO4) batteries being more regularly used in high-performance vehicles, and being installed as aftermarket products in powersport and other leisure vehicles, we have seen a greater demand for lithium battery chargers.
We would not recommend that you charge a Lithium (12V LiFePO4) battery with a lead-acid battery charger. In CTEK chargers, for example, trigger levels within the algorithms for Lithium and lead-acid chargers are very different, this is to ensure each technology is charged as quickly and safely as possible. Not using the correct charger will impair the batteries performance and service life. It is also worth noting that the BMS in a Lithium (12V LiFePO4) battery may consider some parts of the lead-acid charging curve as too high a voltage, and put the battery into standby, so a complete charge won’t be delivered.
The Lithium XS from CTEK is a highly efficient 5A battery charger, specially designed to recharge and maintain the cells of Lithium (12V LiFePO4) batteries. Developed using CTEK’s advanced and patented charging platform, the Lithium XS charger will ensure that Lithium (12V LiFePO4) batteries are charged to maximum capacity to deliver peak power performance every time the vehicle is started, and extend the life of these high performance, high cost batteries.
The Lithium XS features an under-voltage protection system, using a reset function, that will reset the battery management system and bring it out of standby if the voltage has dropped too low. The charger will also check that the battery is accepting charge after deep discharge, allowing the battery to be safely recovered and recharged.
It’s the perfect solution for the charging and maintenance of lithium (12V LiFePO4) batteries.